Monday, July 4, 2011

Chef Ben's Mashed Potato





Every time I tried my brother's mashed potato, I often wonder why it tasted so yummy. No surprise there since he is a real chef. I managed to get his recipe and never looked back ever since.

Today I made roasted chicken with mashed potato as one of the side.

Recipe:

1/2 yellow onion diced finely
2 cloves of garlic, diced finely ( Our family are garlic lovers)
2 leaves of basil shredded finely
1/8 teaspoon nutmeg powder
Parsley shredded finely
5 Holland Potatoes
1/4 cup butter
1/2 cup of cream/milk
salt & pepper to taste

Direction:

1st peel the potato and boil until soft with salted water. Once the potato is soft, drain and mash with a potato masher in a big bowl.
Once the potato is mashed, put a medium pan on medium fire on the stove and when pan is hot, melt the butter. Once the butter is melted, add the garlic and onion and saute until it turns golden and add the cream/milk then add the basil, parsley and add salt & pepper to taste.

Pour the hot cream liquid in the bowl with the mashed potato and mix. There you go, my brother, Chef Ben's mashed potato. It is very sedapsss.

No comments: