Friday, July 15, 2011

Baked Fish and chips minus the chips


I am still on my low carb diet. so I omitted the chips and just ate the fish and tartar sauce. To be frank, I tried to substitute the potato with baked radish wedges, boy it was awful. Bad idea!! So I ended up eating only the fish and my pickled onion tartar sauce. I declared it no veggie day. I like the crispiness of the fish baked compared with fried and it is healthier too.

Recipe:

3 Dory fish fillet.
2 cups of bread crumbs
1 cup of seasoned flour
1 teaspoon of garlic powder
1 egg beaten
salt & pepper
3 tablespoon of Olive oil.

Direction:

Make sure the fish is dry. Pat it with kitchen paper to dry the moisture. Season the fish with salt & pepper to taste both side. Combine the bread crumbs with the garlic powder.
Prepare the coating assembly. In sequence, Flour - Egg - Bread crumbs.

Take the fish and dip in the flour and shake to shed the access flour, then dip in the egg and coat it with the bread crumbs.

I normally do this process at night because you can refrigerate the bread crumb coated fish and bake it the next day. In the morning, before I take my shower, I crank up the oven to 350f and spread the baking pan with 1 tablespoon olive oil, arrange the fish and drizzle the balance of the olive oil on the fish and put the fish in for 25 - 30 minutes. I like the fish crispy. By the time I am done with my make up, The fish is ready to be packed. It should be eaten right away but if your office have an oven toaster, there's your lunch or a microwave with grill function. Just don't microwave it otherwise you'd get soggy fish.

No comments: