Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Chicken Basil Ceasar Salad




I am so in love with this recipe. The dressing and the romaine lettuce can be prepared the night before.

Salad Dressing recipe:

2 basil leaves
2 anchovies fillets
2 cloves garlic
1 cup low fat mayonnaise
1/4 cup of (low fat cream/low fat milk/evaporated milk) What ever you have in your fridge.
1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
2 tablespoon fresh lime juice/1 tablespoon apple cider (I experimented using the apple cider when I was out of lemon and it came out great).
1 tablespoon dijon mustard
2 teaspoon worcester sauce ( I used home made worcester sauce, a secret recipe from my mom in law)
salt and black pepper to taste
2 tablespoon olive oil

Baby romaine lettuce

Whole meal bread for croutons

Low fat milk for thinning

Directions:

Pulse all the dressing ingredient except for the olive oil and milk for thinning. you can pulse it in a food processor or a blender, your choice. Once it became smooth, add the olive oil and pulse again then you add the milk until you reach the dressing consistency you like. Oh, and don't forget to add the salt and pepper.

Yes, It is as easy as that.

Croutons:

Normally i make my own herbed croutons. How i make it, I cut the whole meal bread into cubes and arrange it in a baking tray. Drizzle olive oil on them (Please don't soak the bread, a light drizzle would suffice). coat them with sprinkles of dried herbs like oregano/thyme/rosemary or what ever you fancy and cracked some pepper and salt on top of the croutons and mix it all up.

Then I bake it for 10 minutes on 300f. result, Crunchy and heavenly smelling croutons. ( When I am lazy, I would just toast the croutons in the toaster oven instead.

I normally serve my ceasar salad with pan fried chicken fillet, poached egg, roasted crunchy turkey/chicken ( Which you cut into strips and toast in the toaster oven until crispy).

Chicken fillet recipe:

Chicken fillet (Pounded softly)
salt
Pepper
Chili flakes
Olive oil

Coat the chicken fillet with salt, pepper and the chili flakes and pan fry with the olive oil until chicken turns golden.

Method to serve:

Toss the romaine lettuce with the croutons and add the chicken fillets, poached egg, crispy chicken ham and an anchovy on top of the salad.

It is a complete meal which is quite healthy but very delicious.







No comments: